It is officially 2020 and True Friends is excited to ring in the new year. We wanted to start this year off with celebrating some of our top moments from the last 10 years!
– In 2011, Camp Courage North celebrated its 40th anniversary.
– In November of 2012, Courage Center Camps and Friendship Ventures merged to create True Friends, bringing together two legacy providers with rich histories of providing exceptional and much needed services to serve individuals with disabilities.
– In October of 2013 the name True Friends was launched with the mission to provide life-changing experiences that enhance independence and self-esteem for children and adults with disabilities.
– In 2014, True Friends launched a horse therapy program, True Strides, allowing us to expand our services and provide children and adults with the opportunity for Equine Assisted Therapies/Hippotherapy and horse camps during the summer.
– In June of 2016, True Friends opened a wheelchair accessible ropes course at Camp Courage. In February of 2017 True Friends received the Outstanding Program Impact Award from the Association for Challenge Course Technology for the Camp Courage ropes course.
– In 2014, Camp Friendship celebrated its 50th anniversary.
– In 2015, Camp Courage celebrated its 60th anniversary.
– In 2015, Camp Eden Wood celebrated its 90th anniversary.
– In January of 2018, Ed Stracke retired as President and CEO of True Friends after dedicating more than 33 years to leading our organization.
– In January of 2018, John LeBlanc was named President and CEO of True Friends.
– In 2018, the Camp Cambria Foundation donated $2.2 million to renovate the Lakeside dining hall, health center, and arts and crafts building at Camp Courage.
– In 2019, True Friends introduced new values. The five values we picked to represent True Friends as an organization are: empowerment, experience, integrity, safety, and sustainability.
The past 10 years have brought continued growth and support, with many milestones for True Friends to celebrate.
Of all the moments, we are most proud of you and your involvement at True Friends. All of our participants, donors, volunteers, staff, visitors, and each person who is a part of True Friends. You made the last 10 years the best years and we are excited for you to join us for the next 10 years!