True Friends (“we” or “us”) values the privacy of our participants, donors, volunteers, staff, and visitors to our physical locations and to our website at TrueFriends.org. We collect information only to help us better serve our community and mission. It is our policy to collect and store only personal information that is knowingly provided to us. We do not share personal information with any third parties (unless legally required to do so). True Friends also collects information for research and service improvement.
Personal Information Collected
Information collected directly from you: We may collect personal information directly from you (e.g., through a web form, during registration, while making a reservation, while setting up an account with us, when you contact us for customer support, applying to one of our open employment roles, etc.). Personal information we collect directly from you may include first and last name, address, email address, and phone number.
Use of Personal Information
We may use information collected about you for any lawful purpose, including the following:
- To provide you with our products and services, customer service and support, and other relevant information;
- To market our products and services to you, including by email and text message subject to your consent;
- To provide our website to you, to optimize our website, and to assist with our advertising and marketing efforts;
- To send you interview and employment applicant reminders and updates
- To comply with the law and to maintain the security of our website; or
- With your consent, or as otherwise disclosed at the time information is collected.
Disclosure of Personal Information
True Friends does not sell personal information (including emails) to third-party vendors. We may share the information we collect with other parties, including the following:
- With third-party service providers to assist us with providing and marketing our products and services, such as payment processors, data hosting services, analytics services, online registration software, and email service providers.
- With our email marketing software to send email marketing and text message communications.
- With our print-to-mail vendors to send print piece communications via mail.
- If necessary to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights or the rights of third parties, or to protect the safety or security of any person or entity.
- With your consent or as otherwise disclosed at the time of data collection or sharing. We may share information that has been de-identified or aggregated without limitation.
Our website and social platforms may offer interactive features, such as the ability to leave reviews, that you can use to communicate with other website visitors or to submit and post your own content. If you disclose information in one of these forums, this information can be viewed, collected, and used by others.
True Friends follows the practices of storing and utilizing personal information in accordance with the 245D Home and Community-based Services Standards. Learn more about this policy here.
True Friends captures video and photo media during public events, during program sessions (including but not limited to Camp, Respite, and Weekend Respite sessions), and occasionally selects quality photos for distribution via our website, social media, or other means.
Photo and video media are captured in public settings during public events. If you are included in a photograph and would prefer that it not be distributed, please contact us at [email protected] and let us know what photo and where you saw it. We will do our best to remove it from circulation.
True Friends ensures that the only photo and video media captured of participants during program sessions are participants that have provided consent through our media consent forms that have been signed and obtained either by the participant or the participant’s caregiver. Consent is given through the registration process.
True Friends also ensures that staff and volunteer photo and video media captured are staff and volunteers who have provided consent through our media release form. Consent is given through the onboarding process.
We use Google Analytics and other third-party services to improve the performance of the website and for analytics and marketing purposes. For more information about how Google Analytics collects and uses data when you use our website, visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners , and to opt out of Google Analytics, visit tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Your web browser may allow you to block or disable cookies; however, parts of our website may not function properly if you do so.
Email, Text, and Mailed Communications
If you wish to unsubscribe from our email campaigns, please click on the Unsubscribe link at the bottom of any marketing email sent from us. If you opt out of our email marketing, we will still send you messages related to our transactions and relationship with you, such as application confirmations.
If you wish to stop receiving text messages from us, reply STOP, QUIT, CANCEL, OPT-OUT, or UNSUBSCRIBE to any text message sent from us. For more information, see our Mobile Messaging Terms and Conditions available at Mobile Messaging Terms and Conditions (view here). True Friends has three different text messaging systems based on how you engage with the organization. Employment applicants can opt into text message communication from hiring managers, and anyone can opt into messages via our marketing software. If you opt-in to each SMS program and you wish to no longer receive text messages from us, you will need to opt out of each software individually.
If you wish to stop receiving any mailed communications from us please contact us at [email protected] and we will ensure you are removed from our mailing lists. You may however still receive mailing related to our transactions and relationship with you, such as invoices.