The Assistant Manager of Respite Services is responsible for coordinating and overseeing the direct respite services care provided to our customers. Oversees and leads other respite services care providers.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
– Responsible for delegating duties to assigned Activity Leaders for set up of pre-determined programs within Respite Services
– Leads daily activity planning meetings to ensure Activity Leaders knowledge of daily job duties
– Assigns duties to Activity Leaders to help with check-in and check-out
– Responsible for coordinating evening activity schedules, including special events and works with Activity Leaders to prepare, advertise and implement a variety of activities
– Understands the role of each Activity Leader and assists them with providing quality activities to respite customers
– Assists in providing weekend and free-time activity options to staff members
– Responsible for overseeing Activity Leaders in all activities, evaluating their performance and giving feedback
– Ensures that Activity Leaders complete activity work records and documents ideas that have been successful or could be improved for future staff members
– Develops and maintains good relationships with customers utilizing respite services as well as with staff members and volunteers
– Behaves in a professional manner at all times
– Performs other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
– Previous experience working with children and adults with disabilities required
– Must demonstrate enthusiasm and ability to work effectively with individuals with developmental disabilities, parents, care providers and general community
– Previous supervisory/leadership experience required
– Must have strong, proven organizational and communication skills
– Must have functional computer skills with the ability to use computer word processing and database systems
– Must be able to pass organizational background checks
Camp Friendship and Camp Eden Wood
Respite Counselors support all health and personal care needs, safety and the general welfare of all participants involved in the weekend respite program. Positions similar to the Respite Counselor position include but are not limited to: Personal Care Attendant (PCA), Direct Support Professional (DSP), Paraprofessional, Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), Camp Counselor,
-Must be able to work 1 – 4 weekends a month
-Must have good written and oral communication skills
-Must be able to pass a background check
-Must be able to complete CPR certification
Experience not necessary – training will be provided.
Team Quest FacilitatorLearn more about Team Quest here.
Team Quest Facilitator
Providing leadership and supervision to groups involved with the Team Quest program, including orienting groups to proper, safe use and procedures in activities and ropes course use
Completing training requirements and demonstrating skills with cooperative group games, low and high challenge course elements, knot tying, safe use of equipment (element hardware, helmets, harnesses, belay pieces, belay ropes, ladders) and set-up and take-down procedures
Demonstrating knowledge of Team Quest policies and procedures
Maintaining a quality working relationship with co-workers and user groups by working cooperatively, energetically and enthusiastically
Assisting with equipment set-up and take-down as needed and properly storing equipment after each use
Reporting, as soon as practical, any damage or deficiencies in program equipment and accidents or hazards on the course to the Director of Team Quest
Demonstrating a commitment to Team Quest by conducting one’s self in a professional manner
Performing tasks deemed necessary by the director of Team Quest to ensure the success and further development of the Team Quest programs
Assuring that the physical course is free of litter and that the environmental impact is minimal
Energetic, with good communication and interpersonal skills. Some previous experience with climbing, outdoor adventure programming, low/high ropes course activities or facilitation of team-building challenges desired, but not necessary.
Must be capable of:
Wearing a seat harness for up to eight hours
Hanging in a seat harness for up to 45 minutes
Working in the outdoors for up to 10 consecutive hours
Lifting up to 50 pounds
Sustaining sudden tugs or pulling on the waist/hips while belaying
Camp Courage, Camp Friendship, Camp Eden Wood, Camp Courage North Year-round & seasonal positions available
Responsibilities include: food preparation, cooking, baking, serving, and clean up. Requirements: foodservice experience, preferably quantity food preparation with strong emphasis on quality and customer service. Serve Safe or Current Food Manager Certification desirable. Year round hours vary (10-40 hours per week), some weekends/evenings.
Conference & Retreat Host
Camp Friendship, Camp Courage and Camp Courage North
Our ideal candidates will act as the face of Conference and Retreat for guests renting facilities at True Friends. Responsibilities include: Superior customer service, assisting in set up, guest check in and check out and assisting guests with needs or concerns during their retreat. Ability to work independently is important. Hours are variable, including weekends and on-call work. There are multiple, part-time openings available.
Hospitality Team Member
Camp Courage, Maple Lake; Camp Friendship, Annandale; Camp Eden Wood, Eden Prairie
True Friends is in search of motivated, experience driven, smiling faces to be part of our Hospitality Team. We currently have dining services and housekeeping specialties available, with cross training in other areas.
Dining Services responsibilities include guest service, food preparation, cooking, baking, serving, and presentation. Housekeeping responsibilities include preparation and presentation of cabins and public spaces.
Team Members must be willing to work flexible hours, including nights and weekends.