The Assistant Manager of Respite Services is responsible for coordinating and overseeing the direct respite services care provided to our customers. Oversees and leads other respite services care providers.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
– Responsible for delegating duties to assigned Activity Leaders for set up of pre-determined programs within Respite Services – Leads daily activity planning meetings to ensure Activity Leaders knowledge of daily job duties – Assigns duties to Activity Leaders to help with check-in and check-out – Responsible for coordinating evening activity schedules, including special events and works with Activity Leaders to prepare, advertise and implement a variety of activities – Understands the role of each Activity Leader and assists them with providing quality activities to respite customers – Assists in providing weekend and free-time activity options to staff members – Responsible for overseeing Activity Leaders in all activities, evaluating their performance and giving feedback – Ensures that Activity Leaders complete activity work records and documents ideas that have been successful or could be improved for future staff members – Develops and maintains good relationships with customers utilizing respite services as well as with staff members and volunteers – Behaves in a professional manner at all times – Performs other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
– Previous experience working with children and adults with disabilities required – Must demonstrate enthusiasm and ability to work effectively with individuals with developmental disabilities, parents, care providers and general community – Previous supervisory/leadership experience required – Must have strong, proven organizational and communication skills – Must have functional computer skills with the ability to use computer word processing and database systems – Must be able to pass organizational background checks
Camp Friendship and Camp Eden Wood
Respite Counselors support all health and personal care needs, safety and the general welfare of all participants involved in the weekend respite program. Positions similar to the Respite Counselor position include but are not limited to: Personal Care Attendant (PCA), Direct Support Professional (DSP), Paraprofessional, Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), Camp Counselor,
Job Requirements: -Must be able to work 1 – 4 weekends a month -Must have good written and oral communication skills -Must be able to pass a background check -Must be able to complete CPR certification
Experience not necessary – training will be provided.
Providing leadership and supervision to groups involved with the Team Quest program, including orienting groups to proper, safe use and procedures in activities and ropes course use
Completing training requirements and demonstrating skills with cooperative group games, low and high challenge course elements, knot tying, safe use of equipment (element hardware, helmets, harnesses, belay pieces, belay ropes, ladders) and set-up and take-down procedures
Demonstrating knowledge of Team Quest policies and procedures
Maintaining a quality working relationship with co-workers and user groups by working cooperatively, energetically and enthusiastically
Assisting with equipment set-up and take-down as needed and properly storing equipment after each use
Reporting, as soon as practical, any damage or deficiencies in program equipment and accidents or hazards on the course to the Director of Team Quest
Demonstrating a commitment to Team Quest by conducting one’s self in a professional manner
Performing tasks deemed necessary by the director of Team Quest to ensure the success and further development of the Team Quest programs
Assuring that the physical course is free of litter and that the environmental impact is minimal
Qualifications Energetic, with good communication and interpersonal skills. Some previous experience with climbing, outdoor adventure programming, low/high ropes course activities or facilitation of team-building challenges desired, but not necessary.
Must be capable of: Wearing a seat harness for up to eight hours Hanging in a seat harness for up to 45 minutes Working in the outdoors for up to 10 consecutive hours Lifting up to 50 pounds Sustaining sudden tugs or pulling on the waist/hips while belaying
Camp Courage, Maple Lake, Camp Friendship, Annandale, Camp Eden Wood, Eden Prairie, and Camp Courage North, Lake George Year-round & seasonal positions available
Responsibilities include: food preparation, cooking, baking, serving, and clean up. Requirements: foodservice experience, preferably quantity food preparation with strong emphasis on quality and customer service. Serve Safe or Current Food Manager Certification desirable. Year round hours vary (10-40 hours per week), some weekends/evenings.
Conference & Retreat Hosts
Camp Friendship, Annandale and Camp Courage, Maple Lake 2 -3 Year-round positions available
Our ideal candidates will act as the face of Conference and Retreat for guests renting facilities at True Friends. Responsibilities include: Superior guest service, assisting in set-up, guest check-in and check-out and assisting guests with needs or concerns during their retreat. Having the ability to work independently is important. Position is primarily Friday – Sunday, with some weekday shifts.. There are multiple, part-time and on-call openings available.
Hospitality Team Member
Camp Courage, Maple Lake; Camp Friendship, Annandale; Camp Eden Wood, Eden Prairie
True Friends is in search of motivated, experience driven, smiling faces to be part of our Hospitality Team. We currently have dining services and housekeeping specialties available, with cross training in other areas.
Dining Services responsibilities include guest service, food preparation, cooking, baking, serving, and presentation. Housekeeping responsibilities include preparation and presentation of cabins and public spaces. Team Members must be willing to work flexible hours, including nights and weekends.
Human Resources Specialist – Camp Friendship, Annandale
The Human Resources Specialist is a trusted professional who performs a wide-variety of human resources duties for the organization. This position provides direct support to the Director of Human Resources.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities: – Administers all organizational background checks – Enters employee information into the HRIS system – Maintains employee personnel files and compliance forms – Assists with Worker’s Compensation administration – Completes employment verifications – Assists with unemployment administration – Enters employees into LMS and maintains organizational training records – Works with a team of employees to plan and execute organizational events – Assists with employee recruitment, on-boarding and other human resources functions – Performs other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: – Bachelor’s Degree in human resources, business, or related field required or equivalent combination of education and work experience – 1+ years human resources generalist experience required or equivalent education – PHR or SHRM-CP certification desirable – Must be able to work with confidential materials and information – Must have strong, proven verbal and written communication skills – Must have strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with people at all levels of the organization – Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) – Experience working with an HRIS system desirable – Must be able to multitask and work independently – Must be able to pass organizational background check
Qualified candidates should submit a resume, along with salary requirements, to email@example.com.
Painter – FT (40 hours per week), Temporary (May 1 – December 31, 2018) / Camp Friendship, Annandale or Camp Courage, Maple Lake
The Painter will paint walls, equipment, buildings, and other structural surfaces, using brushes, rollers, and spray guns. The Painter’s role will include removing old paint to prepare the surface prior to painting. May mix colors or oils to obtain desired color or consistency.
1. Fill cracks, holes, or joints with caulk, putty, plaster, or other fillers, using caulking guns or putty knives.
2. Cover surfaces with drop cloths or masking tape and paper to protect surfaces during painting.
3. Smooth surfaces, using sandpaper, scrapers, brushes, steel wool, or sanding machines.
4. Read work orders or receive instructions from supervisors to determine work requirements.
5. Apply primers or sealers to prepare new surfaces, such as bare wood or metal, for finish coats.
6. Apply paint, stain, varnish, enamel, or other finishes to equipment, buildings, or other structures, using brushes, spray guns, or rollers.
7. Erect scaffolding or swing gates, or set up ladders, to work above ground level.
8. Calculate amounts of required materials and estimate costs, based on surface measurements or work orders.
9. Other duties as assigned.
This is a physically active position requiring mobility.
Lifting and pushing as needed.
Stamina to endure long hours in a position that is physically demanding.
Ability to provide a safe environment for all.
Exert physical effort in lifting/transporting at least 50 pounds
Push/pull carts and other equipment up to 250 pounds.
The ability to bend, stretch, twist, or reach with your body, arms, and/or legs
Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility up to 8 hours in length.
Visual Color Discrimination — the ability to match or detect differences between colors, including shades of color and brightness.
Working on ladders, stepladders, stools and other high reach equipment. The job requires working in various temperature conditions and noise levels, in indoor and outdoor settings, and around fumes and/or hazard odors, dust, and chemicals.
You may be exposed to some hazardous substances and harmful physical agents on a routine basis, meaning you may be exposed during the normal course of your work assignments. You will receive training on how to avoid illness or injury in this area.
These areas may include:
Hazardous materials for cleaning
Chemicals associated with protection of others
Gasoline or exhaust fumes from vehicles
Infectious agents such as blood or other bodily fluids
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Briefly list the necessary KSAs to succeed in this position. Please include any necessary education, licenses, certification, computer skills, as well as optimal years of experience for this position.
Two years of experience as a painter in a residential, commercial, industrial, or facilities operations setting, both interior, and exterior.
Previous experience working with customers is preferred.
Must display good organization and time management skills.
Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with many types of personalities.
Attention to detail.
Must display a very positive and professional demeanor.
Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English.
Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature of this job. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all requirements for this position, nor does it constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee. It is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.