*Full for Summer 2016*
BS/BA or equivalent experience. Experience in the areas of staff supervision and working with individuals with developmental disabilities. Must demonstrate enthusiasm and ability to work effectively with individuals with developmental disabilities, parents, care providers and general community. Willingness to be a positive team member, good organizational skills, possess valid driver’s license, ability to use or learn computer word processing and database systems.
Functions and Responsibilities
• Responsible for direct supervision of assigned Activity Leaders and evaluation of their job performance. Have an active role with staff orientation. Provide support for evening on-call and day to day responsibilities at camp. Manage the time off for activity leaders.
• Responsible for care, inventory and maintenance of equipment as assigned and compiling list of items required or buying these with approval of supervisor.
• Lead daily activity planning meetings to ensure all activity leaders know what needs to be done each day. Will assign duties for activity leaders to help with check in and check out.
• Responsible for coordinating evening and all camp activity schedules, including special events. Will work with activity leaders to prepare, advertise and implement these. Will consider themes to provide variety of activities.
• Responsible for observing activity leaders in all activities, evaluating their performance and giving feedback. Will learn about the role of each activity leader in order to assist them to provide quality activities to campers.
• Will ensure that activity leaders complete activity work records and document ideas that have been successful or share areas that could be improved for future staff members.
• Will lead activity planning meetings twice weekly, distribute schedules as necessary maintain records of each week’s activities. Will ensure that weekly activity binders contains all relevant activity information.
• Develop and maintain good relationships with customers utilizing True Friends services as well as with staff members and volunteers. Assist in providing weekend and free time activity options for staff members.
• Assist with maintaining related licensure and accreditation as it relates to services (i.e. ACA standards for Camp Accreditation).
• Demonstrate a commitment to True Friends by conducting oneself in a professional manner so that others may be motivated to emulate goals, attitudes, and behavior.
• Know and follow personnel policies of True Friends.
• Assume all other duties and assignments as deemed appropriate by the Activity Manager.
• As an employee, you may also need to perform duties that involve a variety of physical challenges. Appropriate training will be given to ensure that correct techniques and precautions are used in this area.
These may include
1. Extreme heat or cold
2. High decibel noises
3. Physically exerting activities (walking, lifting, crouching, sitting for lengthy periods)
4. Exposure to ionizing/non ionizing radiation (from radios, walkie talkies, microwaves etc)
5. Physical aggression from campers who may display challenging behaviors
• You may also be exposed to some hazardous substances and harmful physical agents on a routine basis, meaning you may be exposed during the normal course of your work assignments. You will receive training on how to avoid illness or injury in this area.
These areas may include
1. Hazardous materials for cleaning (MSDS sheets available at each site)
2. Chemicals associated with protection of others (bug spray, sunscreen etc)
3. Environmental factors (Poison ivy, pollen, insect bites etc)
4. Gasoline or exhaust fumes from vehicles
5. Infectious agents such as blood or other bodily fluids
This job description is intended to describe the general nature of this job. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all requirements for this position, nor does it constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee. It is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.