*All summer camp positions have been filled for 2018. We do, however, have incredible volunteer opportunities available if you’d still like to join in the camp fun.
Summer Camp 2019 hiring will begin in the fall and the application will open October 1 for new staff. Return staff application will open September 15.
True Friends runs summer camp at all four Minnesota camp locations: Camp Friendship, Camp Courage, Camp Eden Wood, and Camp Courage North.
We hire 250+ staff to make camp happen – from counselors and leadership who directly support our campers, to admin, marketing, and kitchen staff who work behind the scenes to enhance campers’ experience. Everyone has a place at True Friends camps – including you!
Summer 2018 hiring runs August 2017-May 2018, but positions fill fast and are not guaranteed by the spring. All positions are listed below along with their job description. If you’re unsure of what role would be best for you or which site would be best, don’t hesitate to send your resume to Seasonal Recruitment department: email@example.com
You should apply if you are:
– Passionate about making a difference in the world.
– Organized and are able to pay great attention to detail.
– Willing to step outside your comfort zone.
– Motivated to take initiative and be a role model for all staff, volunteers, and campers.
– Able to support others with daily living skills.
– Happy to live and work in a communal setting.
– Eager to take initiative and have a strong work ethic.
– Able to be flexible and adapt to an ever-changing environment.
CPR/First Aid certified, Lifeguard certified, camping experience, prior experience with the population are highly valued but NOT required. All seasonal camp positions include comprehensive training, housing & meals. Hourly positions may not provide housing. Wages are determined based on experience and will be discussed in the interview.
We hire on a rolling basis which means we screen applicants and conduct phone interviews typically within 2 weeks of receiving an application. If you’re interested in a position, it’s highly encouraged you apply today!
If you’re looking to complete a for-credit internship, please email your program internship requirements packet to HireMe@truefriends.org