True Friends 2021 Safety Plan
True Friends is a nonprofit organization with an over 65 year history of serving individuals with a variety of disabilities and health conditions. By participating in our programs, visiting our locations with your group, or renting our scenic properties, you are supporting our mission to provide adventures and experiences for individuals with disabilities.
Today, we continue to ask for your support as we work to keep the individuals and families we serve safe, as well as our staff, safe.
Requirements Will Continue
True Friends has made the decision to maintain a variety of protocols to continue to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Pick 2 in 2021 – while onsite, please maintain 2 of the 3 points below, at all times regardless of vaccination status:
- Be outdoors.
- Wear a mask.*
- Maintain a physical distance of 6 feet at all times.
*True Friends recognizes that persons who have medical or other health conditions, disabilities, or mental health, developmental, or behavioral needs that make it difficult to tolerate wearing a face covering are exempt; including individuals who are unable to remove face covering without assistance.
Masks are required**
• In any indoor public space (dining hall, rec area, hallway, mailroom ect.)
• In any enclosed or semi-enclosed space where more than 1 person is present
• In any outdoor space when unable to maintain a distance of 6 feet or more (ATV, golf cart)
**All Retreat/Rental Groups: Masks are only required in any indoor public space (e.g. not privately rented by the rental group).
Masks are recommended in any other situation.
True Friends has masks available at the front entrance of each of the following buildings:
– Camp Courage – Reception Center
– Camp Friendship – Lodge – Lemke Wing
– Camp Eden Wood – Lodge
We ask you to self-monitor your symptoms prior to arrival onsite. If you are exhibiting any COVID-19 symptoms (fever over 99.5F/37.5C, shortness of breath, muscle aches, sore throat, new or increased cough in the last seven days) or if you are aware of any exposure to COVID-19 please do not visit onsite. For all staff, if you are exhibiting symptoms or have received a positive COVID-19 test, please contact Human Resources at 952.852.0108 or email@example.com.
Requirements and recommendations may change at a moments notice and True Friends will notify you of those changes when/if they occur.
Further Protection Needed
Why has True Friends decided to continue following some of these regulations?
Simple: to continue to protect the individuals and families we serve, as well as our staff.
- True Friends welcomes individuals of all ages and abilities. Children under the age of 12 are currently NOT eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccination. Many of our programs welcome children under the age of 12.
- Many of the individuals and families we serve are more medically complex and may not be able to receive the vaccination at this time.
- We welcome staff from all over Minnesota, the United States, and internationally, all of which are in different stages of the pandemic.
- While staff are onsite, they will be working with individuals from all of our programs. Therefore, it’s necessary to have staff continue following the same protocols no matter what program is running.
- Finally, we do not want to put the future of our organization at risk by relaxing protocols that are available to help stop the spread of COVID-19.
True Friends will continue to evaluate the situation, and changes may occur. If you have any questions about these requirements please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 952.852.0101.