2021 Summer Safety at True Friends
True Friends is a nonprofit organization with an over 65 year history of serving individuals with a variety of disabilities and health conditions. By participating in our programs, visiting our locations with your group, or renting our scenic properties, you are supporting our mission to provide adventures and experiences for individuals with disabilities.
Today, we continue to ask for your support as we work to keep the individuals and families we serve safe, as well as our staff, safe.
Requirements Will Continue
Although many local and state guidelines have changed in the last couple weeks, True Friends has made the decision to continue with a variety of protocols to continue to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. Pick 2 in 2021 – while onsite, please maintain 2 of the 3 points below, at all times regardless of vaccination status:
- Be outdoors.
- Wear a mask.
- Maintain a physical distance of 6 feet at all times.
Until further notice, all of these requirements will continue to be in place until August 22. In addition to these three specific bullet points, we will continue to follow the Universal Guidance Plan provided by the Minnesota Department of Health.
Further Protection Needed
Why has True Friends decided to continue following some of these regulations?
Simple: to continue to protect the individuals and families we serve, as well as our staff.
- True Friends welcomes individuals of all ages and abilities. Children under the age of 12 are currently NOT eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccination. Many of our programs welcome children under the age of 12.
- Many of the individuals and families we serve are more medically complex and may not be able to receive the vaccination at this time.
- We welcome staff from all over Minnesota, the United States, and internationally. This summer, we will welcome staff from 14 different countries, all of which are in different stages of the vaccination process. We will be quarantining all necessary staff when they arrive onsite to further prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- While staff are onsite, they will be working with individuals from all of our programs. Therefore, it’s necessary to have staff continue following the same protocols no matter what program is running.
- Finally, we do not want to put the future of our organization at risk by relaxing protocols, at this time, that are available to help stop the spread of COVID-19.
Some Restrictions Lifted
Masks can be removed outdoors, as long as you are practicing safe physical distancing. We are also lifting our capacity restrictions in our buildings to near pre-pandemic levels.
As the summer progresses, True Friends will continue to evaluate the situation, and changes may occur. If you have any questions about these requirements please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 952.852.0101.