A generous friend has provided a challenge grant to match all new and increased donations, dollar for dollar, up to $15,000. We invite you to increase your impact!
Check out this awesome infographic on the science of giving and why being generous is good for you!
There are many ways to give back this holiday season:
“I’m riding a horse. I’m riding a horse! Me! This is awesome!” — Justin
Imagine being with this young man when he realized he was in control of a big, beautiful horse. It may be the first time he has truly been in control of anything in his life. His life has been controlled by cerebral palsy since he was born.
Around here, we call that a “goose-bump moment.” And it’s all because of you! Because of you, True Friends has been able to provide life-changing experiences and “goosebump moments” for more children and adults with physical, developmental and learning disabilities than ever before. This year, with the generous support of our donors, True Friends has:
• Served more than 3,100 individuals among all programs including five camps – Camp Courage, Camp Friendship, Camp Eden Wood, Camp Courage North and Camp New Hope
• Cut the ribbon on our brand new multi-sensory environment room which helps individuals with autism and sensitivity to stimuli. With guided use of specialized equipment, staff can help campers increase coping skills and reduce anxiety.
• Celebrated the opening of the Dudley Equestrian Center and Sanner Arena where we provide our True Strides therapeutic horsemanship program
• Focused on services for 371 children and adults on the Autism spectrum. This number continues to grow as national diagnosis rates spiked 30% this year.
• Added a new weekend program specifically for youth with ADD/ADHD
With your gift, we can continue to do this — and much more.
“True Friends camp gives my granddaughter a chance to be a typical child for one week out of
the year. She is 10 years old, has autism and is nonverbal. She is the light of my life. It is so wonderful
to see her face light up when she arrives at camp!” — Lori
With your investment, we can make more “goose-bump” moments for those we serve. Your donation makes a real difference in the lives of children and adults with disabilities.
If you go to smile.amazon.com and select True Friends, they will donate 0.5% of your purchase to us.
Each year True Friends welcomes 1450+ youth and adult volunteers, who contribute more than 40,000 service hours, saving over one million dollars; enough money to provide scholarships for many individuals to come to camp!